What is Li-Fi internet : Li-Fi vs Wi-Fi and How it works
We all uses Wi-Fi and we are using it for a long time. In past years Wi-fi was a great achievement in technology which is being used to transfer data with the help of Radio-Frequency. It means you can use high speed internet without any use of wires in a particular range.
It has great benefits and hence make it a ground-breaking hit. And one of the main reason of this technology being hit is that it doesn’t have any substitutes, But not anymore. There is a new technology in the market. Which is Li-Fi.
What is Li-Fi Technology?
Li-Fi technology is a ground-breaking light-based communication technology, which makes use of light waves instead of radio waves to deliver data. In simple words, It uses LEDs (light) in transferring data.
How does it Works?
Li-Fi uses visible light communications (VLC) technology. Li-Fi LED bulbs are outfitted with a chip that modulates the light imperceptibly for optical data transmission. Li-Fi data is transmitted by the LED bulbs and received by photo-receptors.
What is the benefits of Li-fi?
- The avoidance of the radio frequency spectrum crunch (10,000 times more capacity)
- Enabling very high peak data rates (10 Gbps)
- Good signal strength can literally be seen
- Requires fewer components than radio technology and LED illumination is already efficient in reducing cost
- Li-Fi is able to work in water extremely good than RF Wi-Fi
- Radio Frequency effects certain environment but Li-Fi is Non-Hazardous because it uses light, making it better for use in environments like hospitals and aircraft.
- Significantly enhanced secure wireless communication
How fast it is?
Li-Fi is capable of achieving the speed of 10 Giga-bits per second (Gbps). Which means It can download 2 movies* in a single second (* One movie size = 700 Mb).
Why makes it so fast?
Because of it’s Clever usage of technology and science. In simple words It works like a magnifying glass which provide data transferring by focusing on a particular place rather than Radio-Frequencies which spreads its data all over the place.
Li-Fi vs Wi-Fi
Will it replace other technology if we adopt it?
Li-Fi technology will in future enable faster, more reliable internet connections, even when the demand for data usage has outgrown the available supply from existing technologies such as 4G, LTE and Wi-Fi. It will not replace these technologies, but will work seamlessly alongside them.
Any other Benefits of Li-Fi?
- The introduction of another use of LED lighting
- The need for green technology solutions
- Increased concerns over cyber security
- Li-Fi is more power efficient than radio technologies.
- Li-Fi will enable many more “Things” to be connected to the Internet
- Li-Fi signals are less prone to leakage beyond their intended environment, so offering increased security
Any Drawbacks of Li-Fi?
The need for a clear line of sight, difficulties with mobility and the requirement that lights stay on for operation.
Li-Fi is a new communication solution for our better future. Li-Fi is expected to be ten times cheaper and more environmentally friendly than Wi-Fi.
Tell us about your views regarding Li-Fi in comment section.
If you like it then share it with your friends and loved ones.
You can like us on Facebook by clicking here and follow us on Instagram by clicking