7 Wonders of the New World: With Some Interesting Facts
This is an amazing world with full of great architectures and astonishing workmanship. I just thought randomly today that i will see all 7 wonders of the world once in my lifetime. But when i try to remember 7 wonders of the world, I only knew 3 of them. Then i ask other people do they know all 7 wonders of the world? I was so amazed that everybody knows that there are 7 wonders in the world, but very few people know about all 7 of them. So this is the reason to write this post to refresh the memory of people about these 7 wonder places. Which you must visit once in your lifetime. Beautiful wonder places.
1. Christ Redeemer: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
A statue of Jesus at the top of the Corcovado mountain in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – one of the most popular country in the world. It is 38 meters tall (approximate 12 storey building). Designed by Brazilian Heitor da Silva Costa and created by French sculptor Paul Landowski. One of the World’s best known monuments. No doubt of being this among 7 wonders of the world.
2. Great Wall of China: China
The Great Wall of China is a series of fortifications made of stone, brick, tamped earth (mixture of earth, chalk, lime or gravel), wood, and other materials. It was made for defence and better keep invading Mongol tribes out of China.
Some facts about Great Wall of china :
- The official length is 21,196 km (13,170 miles)
- The Great Wall is more than 2,300 years old.
- It is the largest man-made monument ever to have been built and it is disputed that it is the only one visible from space.
It has taken many thousand of people’s live for this colossal construction.
3. Machu Picchu: Peru
A city in the clouds. It is built by the Incan Emperor in 15th century on the mountain Machu Picchu, Peru. The city remained ‘lost’ for over three centuries. It was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911.
4. Petra: Jordan
Another name for Petra is the Rose City due to the color of the stone out of which it is carved. The city was first established in 312 BC; making it one of the oldest metropolises in the world. Petra is a hidden gem that will take you through the history of Middle East like no other place. A beautiful carved structure.
5. Pyramid at Chichén Itzá: Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
Chichén Itzá was a large city built by the Maya people. It thrived from about 600 AD. During its golden years, Chichen Itza was the most important political, economic and religious center for the Mayan civilization. All the buildings of Chichen Itza are made from stone. The pyramid itself was the last, and arguably the greatest, of all Mayan temples.
6. Roman Colosseum: Rome, Italy
This great amphitheater in the centre of Rome was built to give favors to successful legionnaires and to celebrate the glory of the Roman Empire. Almost we all are aware of the cruel fights and games that took place in this arena, all for the joy of the spectators. 2,000 years later it still bears the irresistible imprint of the Colosseum’s original design.
7. Taj Mahal: Agra, India
It was built by Shah Jahan to honor the memory of his beloved late wife. Built out of completely with white marble and laid-out walled gardens, the Taj Mahal is regarded as the most perfect jewel of Muslim art in India and in the whole world.
Some facts about Taj Mahal :
- It is estimated to have taken more than 22,000 people and 1,000 elephants to build this impressive building including labourers, painters, stonecutters, embroidery artists, and many others.
- The Taj Mahal takes on different colouring at different times of the day, from a pinkish hue in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden at night when lit by the moon. They say the changing colour resembles the changing mood of females – in particular the Emperor’s queen.
- The four sides of the Taj Mahal are perfectly identical creating an astonishingly mirrored image on each side.
Here are the 7 Wonders of the World with some interesting facts and no denying in this that why they are called 7 Wonders.
Tell us about your views and what you think about this in comment section.
If you like it share it with your friends and loved ones.
You can also like our Facebook page by clicking here and follow us on Instagram by clicking